The 1/2″ Reduced C Zone Target for the A-DAP system.
Our reduced C Zone Steel Target (Mini A-DAP System) is our most popular steel target system in our lineup. It measures approximately 8″ wide and 16″ tall. It is designed to function with either our A-DAP Top Bracket or our A-DAP Armored Posts. The back side of the Reduced C Zone target plate features our CNC formed adjustable angles. The adjustable angles allow multiple angles of forward lean. On the most aggressive setting, users can position the target to an astounding 38 degrees of forward lean.
Forward Lean Dispels Fragmentation And Absorbs Bullet Energy.
Bullets fragment upon impact of our reduced C Zone Steel Target Plate. Having a forward lean AND movement does a few things for the system. First, it helps to absorb the impact of the incoming rounds. This is simply physics. Because forward lean and movement absorbs energy better, the system experiences a much longer life over fixed plates. Once the bullet impacts and fragments, the movement and lean deflect the fragmentation directly towards the ground. Because of the meticulously designed position of the plate over the base, fragmentation entirely misses the targets base. The AR550 Reduced C Zone Plate packs all these features into one amazing target system.
AR550 Steel Is The MINIMUM For Our Products.
Our select grade of AR550 steel is the highest quality we have found on planet earth. Tested and produced to exacting specifications means more reliability, better consistency. Performance is so good, in fact, that the 1/2″ Reduced C Zone Target features a LIFETIME warranty. Buy once, cry NEVER. Spend more time focused on training, less time worrying about your target systems.
Incredible acoustic feedback, high levels of accountability.
Although small in size, the Reduced C Zone Target plate features an amazing ring. Shooters will be able to immediately determine successful hits. The small size also forces a high level of accountability in all shooting scenarios and drills.
Solid, planted, ready for hard use.
People buying our systems are dedicated to serious training. No plinkers here. For that reason, we have purposely overbuilt our systems. They are designed to be put to work. Rest assured, our systems will perform when it matters most.
||A-DAP Top Bracket (Or Armored Post)
||3/8″ or 1/2″ AR550 Steel
||Fast, Tool-Less Assembly
||Yes. 3 Angles of Adjustment Available Standard
||Laser Cut, CNC Press Brake Formed to Perfect Angles
||Reduced C Zone
– Base not intended to withstand bullet impacts or designed to be used as a target
– Not intended for steel core or penetrator ammunition
We see your team shooting these targets much closer than recommended? Can we shoot closer?
- Answer: Negative. Much of what we do is substantial abuse testing for QC and R&D of new and existing systems. Always follow our recommended distances for training. While shooting closer often does not pose a safety threat, it is harder on the systems. Users will potentially increase wear and tear with leads to unsafe targets when misused.
Does this system feature adjustable lean angles?
- Answer: Yes. Our CNC formed brackets offer 3 levels of lean. The steepest setting (bottom hole) allows nearly 40 degrees of forward lean.
Does this system work with my current hostage assembly?
- Answer: YES! The Mini A-DAP works with ALL A-DAP system accessories, including the hostage, and armored posts.
Is this system covered under your warranty?
- Answer: Yes! Any of our 3/8″ AR550 systems have a 1 year strike plate warranty. If something cracks or breaks prematurely, we’ll replace it so long as it was used properly. We take immense pride in how we treat and stand by customers. This system is absolutely no different. You are purchasing the highest quality systems from us and they will perform as such. 1/2″ AR550 systems feature our lifetime warranty. For FULL details please see our warranty page on the site.
I already have a base and A-DAP top bracket or armored post, can I buy the Mini A-DAP target plate separately?
- Answer: Yes. Go into our “individual products” section of the website.
Where are these products produced?
- Answer: We produce our products in Lancaster County PA. We oversee every step of the process, QC, production, packaging, and shipping. From start to finish, TA Targets is manufacturing high quality systems for hard use. Our owners own the machinery, facility, equipment, etc. We have invested heavily in newer specialty equipment to further streamline our processes and increase quality even further.
Is the Armor Plating on the targets US material?
- Answer: No. The “armor” we use for the strike plates (actual target impact plates) is made from a proprietary material that is manufactured for us in Sweden. this is the best material we have found in the world. We were largely dissatisfied with the QC of American made strike plates and had too many issues with quality control. Eventually we hope a US manufacturer creates a material that is as available and as stringent as our Swedish plate. For now, this is the best material to service our customers. US Manufactured AR500 and AR550 is used in areas that are NOT main strike plates. Some examples of this are the Rifle Dueling Tree Shields, Plate Rack Shields, Arachnid front shield and hostage brackets.
Where does the rest of the steel come from?
- Answer: Traditionally all other steel used in our systems is US origin. During the “covid pandemic” the supply chain has experienced extreme pressures. Under some circumstances some of our tube steel and angle had to be purchased from Canadian raw materials. We do our absolute best to minimize this, not because of quality concerns, but because we deeply desire to produce our products from US steel. We will not use Chinese steel plate, angles, or tubes. Rest assured.
How close can I shoot the target?
- This system features a FIXED lean angle and is rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223 at 50 yards. For Calibers like 308 Winchester we recommend our full size Vital Zone Target System. *NOTE: Distances are determined with lead core, copper jacketed ammo at 3,000 FPS muzzle or LESS. Faster ammunition may require further distances. This system features our newest adjustable lean brackets for optimum target lean for various uses and distances. Please note: we recommend purchasing the steel armored post if you desire to use the steepest hole location with the C Zone plate.
- 3/8″ AR550 version: Rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223 at 50 yards, 308 at 50 yards, larger calibers 100 yards. *NOTE: Distances are determined with lead core, copper jacketed ammo at 3,000 FPS muzzle or LESS. Faster ammunition may require further distances.
- 1/2″ AR550 version: Rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223 at 30 yards (**when using proper ammo**), 308 at 50 yards, larger calibers at 100 yards. *NOTE: Distances are determined with lead core, copper jacketed ammo at 3,000 FPS muzzle or LESS. Faster ammunition may require further distances.
Does this product fall under Prop. 65 warnings?
- Maybe. Just in case, be sure not to eat the paint or lick the target before or after you’ve shot it. If you are just curious, led tastes horrible and will probably cause mental damage. If you have done it once you are likely to do it again. Handle at your own risk, if you choose, you may wear an industry grade hazmat suit and gas mask with a HEPA filter and good luck charm on your wrist. For more information visit https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65
Mike E. –
Let Freedom Ring!!!
I was fortunate enough to receive one of the first of these targets from the pre-order special. I had read awesome reviews on the full size A-DAP, but was a little skeptical about buying a 2/3 size… Well, I’ve got to say, the 2/3 size is plenty big! It actually encourages more carefully shot placement and trains the shooter to shoot tighter groups! I shot also shot this at the minimum recommended 50 yards with a .556 55gr bullet. Wholly cow, did it ring loud! If you had asked me if I thought it put a dent in the plate at that close of a distance, based on the force of the impact from the bullet, I would have said absolutely. Upon checking the target, I was amazed at how tough this metal is. Not even a dimple in it! This is good steal. This target will easily last me a lifetime of use. If you haven’t ordered one of these yet, you need to go ahead and stop stalling, bite the bullet and get one on order. It is well worth the money and is an incredible value for $199. The quality of the stand, plate, and mounting system is second to none. Thanks TAT for such an incredible quality product!
Travis J. –
Excellent quality target system! Simple to setup, break down, and transport to & from the range. I shoot at multiple locations so the ability to transport these targets easily is a major plus. The size of the 2/3 Magnum A-DAP is great for how I use steel targets in my training. It is clear they put a lot of thought into designing & manufacturing this target system. Great work.
Doug Morton –
steel target mini silhouette
This is my second one, and I plan on buying couple more. WIsh I had money to buy them all at once. Absolutely awesome targets!! Well built, easy to put up and store. Highly recommend!! Shooting tree next on my list.
Mike D. –
Worth Every Penny!
Let’s be honest shooting paper is boring. The satisfaction of hearing that ping when you hit this target is like no other. The construction is top notch and the best part is that it is made in the USA! The ease of breakdown makes transporting a dream. The size of this 2/3 target is perfect for keeping you honest. This is the first steel I’ve bought from you guys and it won’t be my last keep up the good work guys!
kurt curtis –
Great customer service
I had an issue with my order and sent Jared an email. He replied and we solved the issue over the weekend. Called on Monday and my order shipped the next day. I will be ordering another target from Jared and the crew.
I ordered three of these systems for my personal use and I can say they are nothing short of amazing. The quality workmanship, materials, and design are unparalleled. I never used to really understand the hype until I got hands on myself. Now I see why they are so wildly popular. If you are intending to putting some serious hours in at the range this year, I strongly suggest you consider an investment in your target systems. A+ for these folks. (Not to mention my targets shipped the day after I placed the order!!)
Those who know, know. This is the best steel target system on the market! You get what you pay for with this target. Long lasting and practical for many different training situations. This is that target solution I have been looking for.
Declan De-vlugt –
2/3 Magnum A-DAP
This company provides great service! Their shipping is quick I ordered my target Sunday night, it shipped Monday and I received it Wednesday. The package was in great condition when it arrived and packed very well. The target itself was flawless and very simple to setup. You can see the quality in these targets compared to other steel target companies. I plan on making more orders from them very soon. You canâ€™t go wrong buying from these guys! Everything was better than expected. Do not hesitate to order anything from this website.
It’s always awesome to find a company that operates with integrity. This target is true quality, and sings surprisingly well for the size that it is. Also the hostage flipper is super fun to throw in to any drill. I might have to wait until next Memorial Day to purchase more targets, but they will definitely be TA. Yeah, targets are expensive, but these ones are reasonably priced for the quality they are.
#1 steel targets hands down!!!
Amazing quality, super fast shipping (got mine 2 days after ordering) and amazing customer service!! I will definitely be back to buy more!!!
Sam Consentino –
Best out there
“Tldr: Buy with confidence, stellar quality & design, well worth the money. 5/5
I have used a few different steel targets and they just arena the same quality and the design falls flat compared to Tatargets.
I ordered the 2/3 mini adap target. Perfect size to really hone your skills and not cheat yourself on accuracy. After a day of shooting with friends there was not a single dimple on the steel.
The way it swings allows it to spread the debris more safely. The ability to use a 2X4 as the stand is one of the best parts. Its cheap and plentiful. Replacement hardware easy to get. Minimal amount of welds that will weaken and break. You can also use the base for 1X2s to use paper targets. “
Sergio Martinez –
First steel target, won’t be my last!
I went with the smaller silhouette to save money, but upgraded to the 1/2″ because I would have to shoot at it from closer distances. One feature I really like about this target is that it swings from a hinge when you hit it, something i haven’t seen from other brands. Well worth the money, and I will be buying more steel in the future!
Alex M. –
Shooting steel is so satisfying! Great target and the hostage plate assembly is key…much thanks.
James B –
I was concerned that maybe going the mini route was a mistake UNTIL range time. This is an awesome target if and I loved the instant feedback of a hit. If you cannot hit this target then you need to spend time on the range until you do! Hitting a small azone means a good hit on a body.
I bought this setup awhile back and upgraded to the AR550 1/2″ steel. Beyond satisfied with it and every other TAT Im lucky enough to own. All my friends and family enjoy them just as much as I do. TOP-NOTCH quality and on top of that a company that cares about us as a consumer, an doing soooo many good things for our 2A community!!!!!
Tyler Browder –
Ta mini 3/8
Found this target from watching @blackirongunner. Had nothing but good things to say and had the range time with his targets to show how tough these targets are. And with about 300 rounds on mine already I know it’s going to last! Thanks @blackirongunner and tatargets!
I purchased the 2/3 Magnum A-DAP 3/8 target system for the first time from TAT Targets and right when I unboxed the product I was impressed. The quality, simplicity, and engineering that goes into these products are above my expectations. I’ve always used home made targets and they’re okay but these targets are worth every penny. Can already tell just after the first use at the range that this target has a long life ahead of it. TAT Targets are now and forever the only targets I’ll purchase.