The Mini Vital Zone was designed to push the limits of standards for pistol shooters. While this target system can be used with many calibers including many rifle calibers, we designed this largely to assist in building better pistol fundamentals. The outer target plate starts off as our Mini A-DAP plate but then we added a 30% reduced A Zone in the center. Behind this plate is a HD CNC cut paddle that we form in our press brake that holds a reactive paddle. Shooters can work various fundamental drills while attempting to land shots on the reduced A Zone paddle. This challenging target can be used in virtually endless ways and will help shooters train efficiently and with purpose. The Mini Vital Zone Steel Target features an aggressive forward lean for durability and fragmentation mitigation. Both the outer plate and paddle can also move when struck which further extends the life expectancy of the system. To balance off the cost of the complete system, we chose to use 3/8″ AR550 steel for both the paddle and the main target plate and 1/4″ Mild steel for the bent paddle mounting bracket. Keeping the price lower means that more people can get out and train well.
- Can I purchase this target system in 1/2″ AR550?
- Answer: No. This system is primarily designed for pistol fundamental training. For this reason we offer it only in 3/8″ AR550 at this time. Rest assured, this system is built to last and will perform to the standards you have come to know us for.
- This system is designed for pistol training, can I shoot rifles at this system?
- Answer: Yes. With that being said, we recommend ONLY light carbines for this system. Light carbines are: .223/5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, 7.62×39, 5.45×39. Light carbines MAY be used with proper ammo as close as 50 yards. Note: We do not recommend using 308 on this system unless you are 150 yards and beyond. The paddle is extremely small to practice pistol fundamentals and for that reason, close range 308 impacts will be extremely violent. It is SAFE to use 308, however accelerated paddle wear and tear MAY be noticed. The good thing is: Paddles are very inexpensive to replace. If you are going to shoot larger calibers, we highly recommend adding a paddle or two to your order.
- Does this system work with my current hostage assembly?
- Answer: YES! The mini Vital Zone works with ALL A-DAP system accessories, including the hostage, armored posts, arachnid base.
- Does this system feature adjustable lean?
- Answer: No. This system is a fixed forward lean target meaning it does not have multiple holes to adjust forward lean. It is set at approximately 25 degrees of forward lean. The paddle is slightly less forward lean. The reason is because of limited space behind the target plate. We had to keep the paddle bracket small which means less room for adjustability.
- Since there is no lean adjustment, is it safe?
- Answer: Of course. This is a safe target system, just like our other systems. With that being said you MUST use proper ammunition and follow our distance guidelines. Always remember to wear eye and ear protection as well. ALWAYS!
- Is this system covered under your warranty?
- Answer: Yes! Any of our 3/8″ AR550 systems have a 1 year strike plate warranty. If something cracks or breaks prematurely, we’ll replace it so long as it was used properly. We take immense pride in how we treat and stand by customers. This system is absolutely no different. You are purchasing the highest quality systems from us and they will perform as such.
- Is this a pre-order?
- Answer: No. We have plenty of stock on hand and we are prepared to produce as many units as are needed. With that being said, during product drops there CAN be some delays. Most orders will ship in 1-2 days but please understand there may be up to 10 days to process orders for this new system. This totally depends on order volume.
- I already have a base and A-DAP top bracket or armored post, can I buy the Mini VZ target and paddle separately?
- Answer: yes. Here is a link to the components: https://tatargets.com/product-category/target-systems/reactive-targets/vital-zone-target-system/