C Zone Auto-Reset Popper Target
The C Zone Auto-Reset Popper target is built to be far more than a competition target. Most of our customers are not focused on competitions, so why would we create a popper that is only meant for USPSA? The answer is: we wouldn’t. Instead, we injected the DNA of our A-DAP system into our poppers. Time tested, built for hard use and real training.
What makes the VTAR Popper special?
We eliminated the competition size and shape targets of the past. We now offer the VTAR system with a few plate variations, and this one is our C Zone variant. C Zone targets tend to ring the loudest, and that is true with this system as well. The C Zone is a great size for close training or distance shooting. Users can use the spring kit to take advantage of the resetting capabilities of the system. OR: simply remove the spring kit and the target plates will fall over when struck.
The base and all components are cut, bent, and formed to exacting tolerances.
The design and function of the VTAR system is unlike anything else on the market. We designed it to be fully adjustable and adaptable to your training needs. Whether you are training with your sidearm or bolt gun, the VTAR system will deliver.
||CNC laser cut and Bent base
||3/8″ AR550 target
||Fast, Tool-Less Assembly
||Laser Cut, CNC Press Brake Formed to Perfect Angles
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Much Does This System Weigh?
- This version of the VTAR Popper weighs approximately 45 pounds FULLY assembled. It will ship in a 24X12X6″ Double wall box. Some assembly will be required upon receipt.
How much movement can I expect from this system?
- This really depends on the caliber and distance of use. Bolt action rifles in larger calibers will really rock the plate. Smaller handgun calibers will allow a smaller amount of movement. This will also vary based upon the amount of spring tension that is used. If you desire to NEVER have the system fall over, maximum spring tension may be used. Sometimes this is ideal at shooting clubs or any situation where our customers do not want movement and do not want to walk downrange. One thing to note, using the system in this manner CAN result in more wear and tear on the strike face. Movement is important to dissipate the energy of the bullet impacts.
How is the limiter pin used?
- The limiter pin limits movement. The problem to overcome is smaller calibers cannot overcome harder spring tension. So rather than have multiple sets of springs that users need to change, we opted to have a limiter pin for smaller calibers. This pin limits the movement of the plate to a point where the lesser spring tension can still return the plate. It is a balance of spring tension and distance. Too far and the plate will not return as there isn’t enough spring tension. Too much tension and the plate will not move at all with lighter calibers. For lighter calibers, we recommend the limiter pin in the FRONT most position. In this position, use a weaker spring tension. For larger calibers, use the limiter pin in the rear most hole and add more spring tension. Adjust spring tension to your calibers, distance and shooting needs.
Can I increase tension to keep this plate from moving at all?
- Absolutely. Some ranges don’t want movement, they just want to make sure no member has to walk downrange. You can use these poppers like that if so desired.
Are poppers available in 1/2″ AR550?
- Not at this time. 3/8″ AR550 is the perfect balance of cost and durability/strength for this system. It is designed for hard use, rest assured.
What material is the base manufactured from?
- The base is plain mild steel. It is not intended to be shot or impacted by rounds. Always shoot VTAR poppers directly perpendicular to the target plate.
Where are these products produced?
- We produce our products in Lancaster County PA. We own every step of the process, QC, production, packaging, and shipping. From start to finish, TA Targets is manufacturing high quality systems for hard use. We have invested heavily in our processes and systems to create the most elegant, robust systems on the planet.
Is the Armor Plating on the targets US material?
- No. The “armor” we use for the strike plates (actual target impact plates) is made from a proprietary material that is manufactured in Sweden. this is the best material we have found in the world. We were largely dissatisfied with the QC of American made strike plates and had too many issues with quality control. Eventually we hope a US manufacturer creates a material that is as available and as stringent as our Swedish plate. For now, this is the best material to service our customers. US Manufactured AR500 and AR550 is used in areas that are NOT main strike plates. Some examples of this are the Rifle Dueling Tree Shields, Plate Rack Shields, Arachnid front shield and hostage brackets.
Where does the rest of the steel come from?
- We source the remaining steel and raw materials In the US.
Does This Product Fall Under Prop. 65 Warnings?
- Maybe. Just in case, be sure not to eat the paint or lick the target before or after you’ve shot it. If you are just curious, led tastes horrible and will probably cause mental damage. If you have done it once you are likely to do it again. Handle at your own risk, if you choose, you may wear an industry grade hazmat suit and gas mask with a HEPA filter and good luck charm on your wrist. For more information visit https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65